Monday 5 November 2018

Descriptive Writing

At the moment in class we have been working on descriptive writing. we have been using pictures to give us ideas of what to write about. Here is a piece of writing I did.
      
Click here for a link of the original work.
My Journey Back In Time
I am in a small room standing next to a big blue time machine. “Oh No!”
I screech. I have just fallen into the time machine. The time machine took
me millions of years back in time. “Splash.” I had just landed in a huge lake
that was sapphire blue with the clearest water I had ever seen with no ripples at all.
Underneath the water I spotted many colourful fish. The Journey back in time took
me to the most beautiful place I had ever seen. Then I looked up and turn around in one circle and instantly I see a Brachiosaurus, Barapasaurus and Pterosaurs! There were only plant eating dinosaurs in this area.

I spot lots of tree around with silver mist surrounding them. “Wow!” I said to myself outloud. There were huge rock mountains as taller then towers right in front of me. Suddenly I hear a sniffing noise right behind me I do not know if I should turn around, But instantly I turn around and see baby sauropod. The little dinosaur has greeny yellow eyes with a green body and a long neck. Then it walled away from me and starts to eat tree branches.


I keep walking and then I see a T-rex! Suddenly it sees me too and I run as fast as I can. As I jump over a log I feel like I can fly. I slip over in the mud and I smell so bad. I can see the tree swaying like dancers saying to me “Hide over here.” I run over to the trees and hide amongst them. The T-rex looks around for me but he can not see me. I walk into the lake so I can clean my clothes. The clear water starts to go a muddy brown colour. Then I spot a hole in the ground I walk over into it and it takes me back to my town.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Summer, I like your work. Next time you could add some more Description. Once again you work was very good because I could almost see my self in that land.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.