Wednesday 10 April 2019

Lightning Never Strikes Twice


WALT use adjectives and similes to describe a setting clearly

Example

Lightning never strikes twice, does it?
That was the question that occupied their  frightened minds as they crouched, huddling together, next the pile of dusty sacks in the base of the windmill…

   PLANNING!

What sounds could you hear during a thunderstorm?
What can you see? What are your feelings?  Are you touching anything? Are there any smells?
You might be able to think of some onomatopoeia.
Could you write a short paragraph describing what it would be like to be caught in a storm, using some of your ideas from above?
The thunder is roaring louder than a lion. I start to count in my head then, KABOOM! The lightning is smashing the ground and made me shake with fear.  The lightning sounds like a wicked witch screeching with laughter. The lightning is zapping the ground. ACHOO! The dust is making me sneeze. I crouch down next to four bags of flour, hoping they will save me. The sales of the mill starts to creak as it goes around. The lightnings veins are now spreading up to a hundred miles an hour! Now I can hear some tree branches snapping to the ground The mill is getting colder now. The floorboards are now creaking. I think I can smell smoke….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.