Friday 14 June 2019

Lake Daniell

Lake Daniell Tramp

On Wednesday the 12th of January we went to Lake Daniells. I traveled with Milan,
Stephen and Aimee. On the way there we got to have some lollies in the car. When
we arrived in Reefton we went to the toilet and had a little run around on the Reefton campground.


When we arrived at the Lake Daniell we got ready and I put my raincoat on and waited
till everyone was ready. We all got numbers, my number was twenty six. We had a
sheet of paper which was our scavenger hunt with plants and animals. My favourite
thing on the piece of paper was the rainbow trout and the nz bat. When were about 5
minutes into the track we saw Sluice Box creek. The colour of the Sluice Box creek
was a turquoise colour.


As we kept walking we stopped 15 minutes later to check that everyone was okay.
While we were stopped I had a drink of water. I saw a tree that was a right angle. We
kept walking and then we stopped half an hour later to have a snack. There were heaps
of little creeks coming down from the mountains.


Later that day we arrived at Lake Daniells, everyone had their lunch and a drink of water.
When I finished my lunch I walked onto the platform and the water was so clear that you
could see the bottom. I heard heaps of bird noises while I was in the bush.


On the way back I walked with Mackenzie and Jennae. Some of the way we ran

and some of the way we walked. There were heaps of bridges and steps. There were
heaps of views of the river. As we walked back we the river was getting greener and bluer.
When we got back to the start we had wait under the small hut for the others to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.