Tuesday 17 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey

For this activity we would like you to think about your own experiences and your own cultural background. Where does your family come from? Do they come from Europe like Abel Tasman, Polynesia like Kupe, or somewhere else?
On your blog, please tell us about your cultural background. Where do you and your family come from?


My Great Great Grandparents on my mum's side of my family came to New Zealand from Ireland and have been living in the South Island and West Coast since then.

My great great grandparents on my dads side came to New Zealand from German, Ireland and Scotland.

My Mum has chosen to stay on the West Coast  because she likes living in a small community (where it is not busy), with her friends and where her family is around her. 

I like to explore the outdoors, going swimming, playing lots of sport together with our friends and especially playing and spending heaps of time with pets/animals,


3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Summer,

    It’s Leisha here again :) It is great to see you engaging in a few of the week one Summer Learning Journey activities. I hope you are enjoying them so far.

    Thank you for sharing more about your culture. I remember reading your pepeha during the teaser week last week, so learning more about your culture now too is really cool. My family also came to New Zealand from German and Scotland on my dads side. My mum’s side descends from NZ Māori as well as Wales. I would love to travel to Scotland one day to see where some of my family originated from. Would you like to travel to any of the places you family are from one day?

    Keep up the amazing blog content Summer! I cannot wait to see what you will post about next :)

    Leisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leisha,

    Thanks for commenting on my blog. It is interesting that both of our family on our dads side come from the same places. Maybe one day I would like to travel to the places my family came from and find out new information that I did not know.
    Have you ever travelled around the world and gone to different countrys.
    Thanks Summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Summer,

      Yes I have. I lived in Australia for a while. I have also been to London and visited a couple of places around Europe when I was working on a cruise ship that sailed around the Mediterranean Sea.

      Are you on school holidays now? What have you got planned for this holiday break?

      Leisha

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.