Tuesday 17 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey

For this activity, please select a charity that you are interested in. You may choose your own or use one from our list (below). Read about the charity.
On your blog, write a short explanation of what the charity does.

Each year the SPCA helped protect over 40,000 animals that have been injured, sick, abused or abused. The people that work at the SPCA are volunteers. So they give up their time to come and look after these animals. They take the animals back to where the other animals are then they look after them. The SPCA try their best to rehome the animals to new homes where they will be safe and looked after good, 

2 comments:

  1. HI Summer!

    My name is Gabriel, and I am part of this year’s Summer Learning Journey team. I will be helping to comment on your amazing posts over the summer. It is such a wonderful experience to be able to read your blog. It’s great to see what you have done already!

    Great blog! It has been really interesting learning about the SPCA, I did not know that most people working at the SPCA were volunteers! Would you like to work for the SPCA one day? What kind of pets do you have?

    One way to make your writing even more engaging is to include pictures of what you are writing about. This helps us readers to see what topic you are talking about. :)

    Keep up the great blogging work,

    Gabe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gabe,
    Thanks for commenting on my blog. Yes I would love to work for the SPCA one day. Next year if we do William Pike I might go to the SPCA and play with the animals for my community service.
    I have 2 cats, Scooter and Bo. I also have a lot of pet sheep at my nana and poppas farm and I have pet eels in the creek and lastly I have 2 rabbits, mine is called Ash and my sisters is called Pickle and they are mini lops.
    Summer

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.