Friday 3 July 2020

Beach Cookout

Beach Cookout


Today on the 1st of July my class and I went down to the beach
by Watson’s Creek. There were 7 groups of mixed year seven
and year eights. In my group was Olive, Xavier and Emma but she
was sick on the day. Our adult was Tanya, Olive's mum. 


First we got tinder to start the fire then we got kindling wood to
put on the fire after all the tinder burnt out. After that we collected
fuel wood. Then my group and I decided that we were going to make
a cabin lodge fire so that we could put the pan on the fire and it would
be stable and not fall over. 


My group cooked bacon butties (bacon sandwiches) which was quite
easy to cook and banana split was a bit harder to make. I think the bacon
butties were the best because I love bacon.


My favourite bit of the trip was when we ate the bacon sandwiches and
also when we were making and lighting the fire. I also liked eating the
giant marshmallows that Donna bought for another group.


At the end we had to put out the fire with water from Watson’s Creek
and we also had to put sand on the fire to stop the embers from burning.
My group and I had to make several trips down to the creek to get water to
put the burning embers out and then we had to put sand over the fire and
embers so that it would smother the fire and stop it from burning.


I would definitely go down to Watson’s Creek and have another beach cookout
because it was lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.