Monday 23 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey


For this activity, please write a letter that includes the issue you have chosen, why you have chosen it, and what you would like our Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern, to do about it. It is your job to persuade us (and her!) that it’s an important issue.
On your blog, share your letter to Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern.

Dear Jacinda,
I just thought their should be some more hotels and motels that pets can go and stay at with their owners over the summer holidays so they don't get left at home because imagine that you were a pet and you were left at home with a stranger you had never met before and you are left with them for a week or maybe even more than that. You wouldn't get as much attention, don't get any exercise until your owners get back from their holiday and you are also extremely board, lonely and sad. But if their was accommodation for yourself and your pet, it would be the best moment of the pets whole life. So next time you go on holiday think of how your pet would feel if it came too.

Your Sincerely
Summer 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Summer,

    Firstly, well done for formatting a great letter to Jacinda. I thought you might write to her about animals, because I know how much you love and care about animals. Having more hotels and motels that pets can stay in is a great idea, I had never thought about this issue before. What does your family do when they go on holiday? Do you take all of your pets with you or do you get someone to look after them? You letter has made me think about what I will do with my little kitten when I want to go on holiday now.

    I think it is great that you have finished your letter off with a statement to make the reader (or Jacinda) think about how they would feel. Making a personal connection is a great way to persuade the reader in a piece of writing like this.

    Amazing work Summer. Keep it up. I am reading through lots of your posts this morning, so expect a few comments from me!

    Leisha
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.