Monday 23 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey

For this activity, please imagine that you are Mr Mandela and that you are living at Robben Island prison. You have been given a journal and each night you write in it.
On your blog, write a journal entry imagining that you are Mr Mandela. What do you think he did each day? How did he feel? Include as much detail as you can in the journal entry.

I am trapped in this horrid prison. There is no escape otherwise you get sliced into shreds or beaten. I can see the blue waves as they crash onto the surface. The grey brick walls are starting to grow mould into them. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi again Summer,

    Another great piece of writing here Summer! I particularly like the way you have described the grey brick walls with mould growing into them. It makes me think how cold and dark the prison cell Mr Mandela was in must have been. How do you think he was feeling? I imagine he would have felt awfully lonely.

    I enjoyed reading this SLJ post. Ka pai!

    Leisha
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.